TAP proudly announces our 2018-19 Winter Production of...
Friday, March 1
Saturday, March 2
Sunday, March 3
St. Thomas the Apostle Theatre Arts Program (TAP) endeavors to allow all Children in Grades 3 through 8 an opportunity to participate in a theatrical production in the late winter. Children participate in ALL aspects of the production from stage characters, to set design, to technical support and stage crew.
Please review the sections below for more information about the each phase of the program from Auditions to Ticket Purchasing.
Parent involvement is critical to the success of any performance. We ask that a parent of the cast/stage member volunteers in some capacity. Any time you can give is very much appreciated and needed.
TAP email address: TAP@staglenmills.org. We will be using e-mail and the school website to post forms, updates, any schedule changes, etc. Please feel free to call us with your questions or concerns.
Thank you for your support.
Jen Medici (610) 804-2068 and Tara Boyce (484) 432-4206
Before you can audition you must sign-up for the show!
- Read over and complete the AUDITION PACKET and FORM This packet contains specific information on the program, expectations of students, fee information, audition details, and time commitment requirements. Once you have read this packet, please
- Register by paying fee online using PayPal.
- Bring the completed form to the audition
Auditions are held early in the fall for the cast of the winter production. All children are asked to audition, either alone or in a group. All lead roles must audition with a singing solo from the show. We stress a familial, welcoming and encouraging environment among our cast members. We work with the children on how to read music and work on pitch/tone, how to develop their dramatic license, stage direction, and they also learn various dance forms involved in musical theatre. Every child is a gift and is given the opportunity to let their light shine on stage. All children who audition are cast in the show.
ALL children will be cast in the show. We will be casting the following: Lead roles, Chorus, and Featured Dancers.
Monday, September 24th from 3:00 to 4:30 pm in the STA Theatre.
ALL CAST AUDITION DATE (Grades 3 through 8)
This is a VOCAL audition where all students will sing an excerpt from the musical with provided accompaniment. Students will be singing in front of one another, and they may also be asked to sing in small groups.
The audition song is “Beauty and the Beast” for girls, and “Be Our Guest” for boys. (sing whole song as solo).
Friday, September 28th from 3:00 to 5:00 pm in the STA Theatre.
DANCER and LEAD ROLE AUDITIONS (Grades 5 through 8)
We will have a dance troupe in this production. Students in 5th-8th grade may audition to be in the dance troupe or for a leading role. Both groups will need to dance. We will teach a short dance routine and students will perform it in small groups during the audition. We are looking for movement with confidence in the right direction while acting for our leads, and more technical expertise for our dance troupe.
Monday, October 1st from 3:00 to 5:00 pm in the STA Theatre.
CALLBACKS (via email invitations)
Students that are asked to return will read lines from atleast one scene. We will also ask students to sing additional excerpts* from the production.
The final cast list will be posted by Sunday, October 7th..
Our first read-thru will be Monday, October 8th from 3-4:30pm.
Tips and Hints:
- Do the work!! Research the show and characters. Visit Musical Theatre International’s Broadway Junior website: www.broadwayjr.com and listen to each of the songs. Read the breakdown of characters found on the website as well.
- Everyone is nervous! Even seasoned professionals get nervous. Don’t let your nerves prevent you from trying something new and doing your best!
- Don’t be afraid to move around the stage and act out the scene.
- You only have a few minutes to dazzle the directors, so speak LOUDLY and CLEARLY. Get our attention!
- RELAX and HAVE FUN!!! The directors want you to do well.
Everyone who auditions is in the show!
Playlist Be sure to practice with your little ones!